INSPIRATION: INCH OF MESA LOOKBOOK MAKEUP

15:32

So here's the thing. 

I'm not really a professional make up artist. Or not yet, maybe. And on Saturday, 10 September 2011, I did my first fashion show make up for a brand called Inch of Mesa where I take on 7 models and did their make up all by myself. This is very new to me. The thrill, the hype and the adrenaline rush of doing a look on a very up tempo beat while you need to keep it perfectly neat, is REALLY HARD (especially when you're bending for almost 3 hours while doing the make up! I know how that feels! Hello, back pain!). 

This is a very cool experience for me and a great way to experiment with lightning, ambiance and also visual because I'm not only keeping the face beautiful for pictures (like I used to do make up for photo-shoot) but I also have to make it stand out and 'POP' on stage. 

When I see Inch Of Mesa collection for the show, I'm really sure the style suits more of a urban/rebellious laid back city girl style that you can find most of the similar clothing in Zara or Topshop. It is like what you mostly see on Nylon fashion page. Very nowadays. 

But then, the themed of the big event (Marlboro Brand Ambassador) where Inch of Mesa has taken part of, has its own special themed called EUPHORIA SYCHEDELIC (it's written on purpose with no P, not my typo). 

I really have no idea how to incorporate the main themed which is kinda old-skool with the fashion show theme that oh-so-modern-chic, all in one look.

So all I ever think of, is the colorful palette that I have to use, to make it less boring and more playful. And my inspiration for the looks are:


Eye Make Up Inspiration : Estee Lauder 2011
For the eyes, I really emphasize on choosing the color and make it similar with the clothes color palette. Then, I add 2 shades darker or lighter from the color of my choice. So when I choose pink as the eyeshadow color, I use darker pink on the outer part of the eyes and white on the inner corner of the eyes. I also make the brows more bushy and accentuates them with black eyeshadow make it bold. 

Total look inspiration from Barbie for MAC Collection 
For the lips, I focus on choosing the right 'barbie pink' color for each model and add gloss to them while keeping the glow of the nose and above the cupid bow with highlighter. For eyelash, I give all models fake eyelashes and tops it with mascara. Heavy liner are also applied above the lash line to make it bold. I also add generous amount of blush on the apple of the cheeks and more glowing loose powder to seal the finish look. 

So, hope all of you could wait a little for the finished photo of my make up that I will post as soon as possible :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram @audrreysview

Instagram

Subscribe