EVENT : THE BODY SHOP MAKE UP ARTIST SEARCH FOR JAKARTA FASHION WEEK 2013

15:00

Hi there 

Been a very long time since I last updated this blog. Ever since I started working, I never had a chance to update more of my achievements or even activities on this beauty scene. 

So, reading this post title, you'll know that I joined this competition that opens for non professional make up artist on national scale in Indonesia that held by The Body Shop Indonesia. Crazy thing was, I didn't even had the intention to register because I know I wont be able to attend the intensive 3 weeks  training and all due to my current job.  

However, to follow my curiosity (and respect my dear friend who thinks I should try this), I applied for it anyway. Just 1 day after the contest deadline on 30th Aug 2012. Haha. I applied on 1st of September 2012. How enthusiast it shows :) 

For the application, I must write down all the steps and make up tools that I'm using for one certain look. I choose the look from Black Remedy photoshoot with Gina Laline as model. 

So I describe everything from A-Z for that look. 

And on the next 20 days...

I receive a phone call, saying I get into the semi finalists section for the contest! WHAT A SURPRISE!



And they requires me to come on 21 September 2012, on Friday for the next selection into the 10 finalist. So, on that day (another coincidence), I receive a permission for a day off from my office , due to the hectic last week schedule that takes up my weekend time. So, there it was.  I showed up in The Body Shop Indonesia HQ in Bintaro area, straight into the training room to compete on the spot. 

I was like shocked. Literally shocked, looking at how PROFESSIONAL the other contestants were. They carried like supeerr big make up trunks, even a hugee beauty case, or whatever you may call those highly professional looking make up luggage with strollers. NON PROFESSIONAL , you say!?

This is where my confidence drops down to the ground. How can I compete with such professional (or  most of them call themselves as FREELANCE make up artist) who owns mostly everything you see on a make up store? While I just came with one small stool box that nearly can't be closed due to the products I throw inside it? THIS IS SERIOUS. 

So, when I take this competition as something fun and not as that MAJOR , there I was, being slapped in the face for taking it the wrong way. As I talked with other contestants, I understands that  people who compete here, were people who go out from their daily job just to do make up. People who don't continue their study, to pursue their make up career doing video clips, weddings, and many more. People who takes courses with real certificate on well known beauty school to pursue their make up artistry dream. Those kind of people. 

Unlike me; who thinks MAKE UP is only one part of my interests, learn them by myself from reading magazine, and from my one and only PIXIWOO - favorite YOUTUBE GURU since they ever start uploading that make up video tutorial -  plus only by observing those professional make up artists that I chat with. Other than that, I only go with my feelings. 

When I'm in the competition, I get a chance to sit next to new friends. Their name were Tiara and Abigail. They have their own stories on how they started doing make up. It's a vey interesting stories, I must say. 

So, I knew from Abigail that there was an announcement posted on Facebook for semi-finalists contestants who go though the next round. Then again, I didn't know that. So, as soon as I get home I look for the announcement, and this is how it looks like (ps. I'm on number 28)



CHALLENGE #1: CREATE A FRESH NATURAL LOOK 


So, as the competition starts, all contestants were requires to create a fresh and natural look, for the model. The model here, is non professional model from agency. They are regular The Body Shop staffs who gets a chance to be make over. So I get a tanned olive skin model, her name is Yulia (if I'm not mistaken) and here's her pic before and after 














CHALLENGE #2: CREATE A GLAM PARTY LOOK 

With only The Body Shop products provided for contestants to choose. So we get called to the stage, to take at least 3 items of The Body Shop products that available for us to borrow and create a glam look out of it. We can adds up to use our own product if only they're from The Body Shop. If not, we can only choose 1 of other brand products to be used to complete the look. So, when I was called, I can only get




All In One Face Base 
Baked- To -Last Eyecolor in Quartz
Brow & Liner Kit  

those 3 are all with TRY ME stickers since they are samples. The rest are my own items and used to complete the total look. And how does it turns out? With a different model from the first one, now my model name was Ismu , here how it turns out  






And we have to present our look with inspirations, color and all things that we did on the make over to the judges and gave them the final judging session. 

As we finished, we were required to wait outside the room and wait for another turns for one on one interview with the judges. And when it was my turn, I couldn't say a word when Qiqi Franky as one of the judge and make up professional who will held the training and Diaz Parzada as the Editor In Chie for ESTHETICA magazine who take parts in this events, recognize the place where I'm working and they were surprised that I am participating in this contest while the place that I'm working also take part on Jakarta Fashion Week 2013, that will be held in Plaza Senayan , from 01 November 2012. 

They understand my availability and flexibility were very low for the intensive training that will be held and will consume my working hours. 

So.,, I didn't pass through to next round :) 


But it was a great learning experience for me though! Being judge by those professionals and also being considered as semi finalist with my standard level of expertise, I am more than just lucky ! So for more pics during the events, just click through this posts people :) 

P.S : Next time, I wont let myself underestimate my ability, ever again 




Panel of Judges 

           
                    I WANT TO BRING HOME EVERYTHING !! 
EXTRA VIRGIN COLLECTION FROM THE BODY SHOP 




               
                With Qiqi Franky 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram @audrreysview

Instagram

Subscribe