LIFE: BEAUTY & BRIDESMAID : FIRA & FIQI WEDDING DAY

16:28


On Saturday, November 14th, 2015 I was glad to witness one of the most memorable life events of two of my favorite people, Arlisya Firana (Fira) & Fiqi Alianda Pohan (Fiqi). How I know these two lovebirds was somehow unique and I do believe they are the kind of friends you should keep for a lifetime. 

I met Fira in 2012, when I first come to an interview for work at my first (real job) in a local retail company. Coming for an interview we both are quite nervous and we just chit chat for a bit introducing ourselves and turns out we came from the same university, but from a different campus. Long story short, turned out we know each other friends and we exchange numbers to stay in contact just in case, because we didn't know how our work interview turned out whether we're both got accepted to work in the company or this will be just a casual pre-interview chit chat that we're not going to remember about.  

But then on February 2012, we both got accepted to work in that retail company and we became more than just a co-worker but also travel partners, sisters and good friend. We're mostly assigned for certain projects together and we have experience many tiring (but also fuuuun) business trips to Malaysia, Singapore and Bali during our 3 years of employment at the company. There are days when we're required to come to the office early morning straight away after some trips, so I usually have to sleep over at Fira's house after coming back from the airport because her house was so much closer to the office compared to mine. Through that, I came to know her nice parents and beautiful sister as well, who really welcomes me whenever I come by. 

Everyone in the office called Fira as 'Princess' or 'Chibi' because she really looks like a Japanese Princess doll or a member of a Japanese idol group , with her long black hair and thick eyebrows (she actually taking Japanese Literature as her major too). She looks pretty without make up plus, she keeps using certain cute-princess-y attributes like a bow or a pink mirror at her desk. But behind those sweet girly appearance, she's a fierce and smart women because she works really hard and able to handle pressure gracefully and really well (looking at her job desc before at the office, so I know!). 

As for Fiqi, he turned out to be one of my friend cousins and we shared several mutual friends as well. No wonder, when I first met him we can talk easily and he always got my back whenever he's sending some surprises or other things to Fira at the office (especially when Fiqi's trying to apologize :P). 

With all those break up and make up, ups and downs in their relationships, small or big or even silly problems they had as a couple, I do believe they're really made for each other. 


The look of love #FiraFiqi

Wefie with the bride & groom

  
Can't you tell how happy they are and not to mention how pretty Fira looks?? Let's take time to appreciate her flawless complexion and pretty make up! As I opened through Instagram, I bumped into her wedding make up artist page and her flawless make up was by the talented @jasminelishava . Fira looks very pretty and as I zoomed my pictures on the camera, her face was pore less and glowing at the same time (without any filter!). I even make a collage of her looks because her make up was that gooooood!  She makes me consider to hire the same make up artist for MY WEDDING! (which I don't know when will happen haha)


Fira's make up during reception


But #FiraFiqi Wedding will be one of my all time memorable life events, not only because it's that special but also how amazing the 'journey' took me and two of my 'Tulips' (Naomi and Nadya) have to go through in order to make it to the wedding! We might have a chance to make it into a movie if there's a producer needing something original for an idea! It took us almost 5 hours coming to the event area, where in normal days it doesn't take us more than an hour to arrive! The wedding was held from 11 am - 1 pm at Mandira Ballroom at Sasana Kriya Taman Mini Indonesia Indah in East Jakarta on Saturday. It was a normal Saturday, UNTIL WE KNOW THERE'S A CAMPUS GRADUATION ON THE AREA THAT CLOSES DOWN THE ENTRANCE AND CAUSED A HECTIC TRAFFIC JAM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE TAMAN MINI. 
I literally almost shed a tear because it was really hot and suddenly my car AIR CONDITIONER WAS NOT FUNCTIONING!!!! Can you imagine with 33 celcius degree outside and no air-con, I almost got into a fight with another driver because I was opening my window hoping for some air when suddenly a car was trying to cut off my line! The driver took it the wrong way when he saw me opening my window, thought I was going to yell at him while all I'm doing was hoping for some fresh air to blow inside the car! SAY WHATTT??? IT WAS HELLLLL!

Thank God I went through this journey with two of my Tulipss (a group we called ourselves, where we all have different nickname and tag line; Naomi as Barbie and her tagline was "Pusing Pala Barbie", Nadya as Chacha and her tag line was "Chacha Lelahhh" and me as Sophi and my tagline was "Sophi I'm Sorry"). 
So we just sing a long to the radio OUT LOUD like three crazy girls because we really don't know what to do. We're stuck in the middle of a one way road to the entrance, we can't turn around, it was already 4 hours which mean we're already very late, so we might just enjoy the songs before we turn CRAZY! Thanks to Justin Bieber (Sorry/What Do You Mean), Sam Smith (Writings on The Wall), Drake (Hot Line Bling), Adele (Hello) and others for accompanying us along the ride. And thanks to Snapchat as well, for making it a less boring journey waiting for cars to move bit by bit. 

Here, you can see how on point my make up was (you guess it right, I did my own make up and modern up-do hair was thanks to the professional help of Mas Eko (from Eko Salon Radio Dalam for a price less than IDR 100 000; it was worth to try!) before heading to the wedding venue ; 

My make up on 10 AM

To compliment this  turquoise color of my uniform , I choose a peachy tone lipstick to give it an extra 'OOMPH'



And now , below you can see our make up has melted away after a total of 5 HOURS journey and thanks to the sauna-on-the road that my car has become! 


Nadya (Chacha) - Naomi (Barbie) and Me (Sophi) and our tired/frustrated but happy expression


I also met Mba Dian (one of me and Fira good friend at the office who sit next to us at the office) on the wedding, who received the bridesmaid uniform same as me and she really look chic with her lace top kebaya while pairing it with the double layer semi-tulle transparent skirt which I really love!  




As for me, this is my #ootd for the wedding. Since I really love the fabric color, I made the uniform fabric into a modern kebaya top with tulle and small hook (it can function as outerwear when opened) so I can wear this top more than once and paired it with a knee length mermaid skirt and a nude peep-toe high heels. I also bring my small pearly sling bag for more a simple yet sophisticated looked. 

My overall brides look for #FiraFiqi



Not too bad right? 

Thank you so much for reading, and please do share your bridesmaid look or even salon recommendation for me to try next time! 

See you on my next post! 

xoxo





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram @audrreysview

Instagram

Subscribe